Minjerribah Camping Pty Ltd T/A Straddie CampingA PDF version of this policy is available here: PDF (336KB). Updated 1 April 2014
2. What personal information does Straddie Camping collect?
3. How and why does Straddie Camping collect information?
4. Use and disclosure of personal information
5. Anonymity and pseudonymity
6. Access and correction
7. Storage and security
9. Relevant contacts
1.2 Privacy and third party organisations
- Because we need it to provide a product or service you have requested – such as making a booking, or providing an email newsletter.
- Because you have provided it to us – by making a booking for camping or the purchase of a Vehicle Access Permit, by asking us a questions or making a complaint, or by registering for an email newsletter
- Because we are trying to improve our services, or your experience of our services – by collecting information about you, your preferences, and your use of our services.
- Because of your relationship with us – if you work for Straddie Camping, or are applying for a job, work experience placement, or an internship.
- For any other purpose related to the above.
- the user's server (IP) address;
- the user's top-level domain name (e.g. .au, .com, .gov);
- the date and time of the visit;
- the pages accessed and documents downloaded;
- advertising click-through metrics;
- the previous site visited; and
- the type of browser used.
- to provide a service that you’ve requested;
- to measure your experience with Straddie Camping’s services;
- to customise, enhance or improve Straddie Camping’s services;
- to provide technical support, or respond to any enquiries;
- if permitted or required by law;
- it is necessary to prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to a person’s life or health; or
- if you consent to the disclosure (this may be express or implied).
- Straddie Camping may seek to re-publish content you provide to us (for example, competition entries or social media posts, together with your name or social media ID).
When Straddie Camping collects personal information from you, we will generally inform you of the reason the information is being collected and how we will use it (unless the reason for collection is self-evident).
3.2 Data we collect from your use of digital servicesIf you use Straddie Camping’s digital services, Straddie Camping and its internet service provider will automatically gather information about your visits. This information is aggregated, and is effectively anonymous to us. It helps us to improve our services by showing us what visitors do and don’t use. It also assists us in detecting any problems with our service. Information gathered includes:
You should also be aware that any posts you make via social media on Straddie Camping platforms may be publically available and able to be found via search engines. Straddie Camping strongly recommends that all users become familiar with the privacy settings and terms of your social media accounts.
4. Use and disclosure of personal information
Straddie Camping may use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
In providing and managing the services offered by Straddie Camping, Straddie Camping may need to make your information available to third party services and content providers, including providers of cloud services, website hosts, and other companies. These third parties may be located overseas in countries including the USA, Europe and Singapore
5. Anonymity and pseudonymityWhere possible, you may interact with Straddie Camping anonymously should you choose to do so. For example, if you wish to provide feedback without requiring a response from Straddie Camping, you will not be required to provide a full name or email address.
However, in some cases it will not be practicable to interact with you anonymously, or it may be impossible to provide the service you are requesting without some form of personal information. For example, if you wish to subscribe to a Straddie Camping email newsletter, an email address must be provided.
6. Access and correctionIndividuals are entitled to obtain access to records that contain personal information about them, except to the extent that Straddie Camping is required or authorised to refuse access under any law of the Commonwealth that provides for access by persons to documents (e.g. the Freedom of Information Act 1982 (Cth)).
Individuals can obtain information regarding access to records that contain personal information about them by contacting the Straddie Guest Services Manager (see Relevant Contacts below). Individuals may also seek the correction of any information held by Straddie Camping.
7. Storage and securityDepending on how we received your personal information, Straddie Camping may store it in electronic and hard copy format.
The Straddie Camping Guest Services Manager will investigate your complaint and will endeavour to provide a written response within 30 days of receipt of the complaint setting out Straddie Camping's decision.
+61 7 3409 9668
Australian Information Commissioner
Contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC)
Contact details are set out on the OAIC website: http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/making-a-privacy-complaint
Enquiries line: 1300 363 992
If calling from outside Australia call +61 2 9284 9749
TTY: call 133 677 then ask for 1300 363 992
Speak and Listen users: call 1300 555 727 then ask for 1300 363 992
Internet relay users: connect to the National Relay Service then ask for 1300 363 992
+61 2 9284 9666
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001